SEAMAAC surpassed their $24K goal for the Elders grocery initiative and instead raised $29,000!
They are able to continue delivering over 180 shipments of groceries per week to Elders and highly vulnerable community members across Vietnamese, Lao, Bhutanese, Chin, Indonesian, Chinese, Karen, Cambodian and Latinx communities.
Serving as part of the frontline during the current COVID-19 crisis, we’re seeing our communities heavily impacted and the inequities they face further amplified. Their health and safety, access to resources, as well as the ability to endure and recover from this global pandemic are all at risk.
Coming together to support the most vulnerable amongst us is not only an act of humanity, but an act of social justice that will play a crucial part in galvanizing true systemic change moving forward.
Here’s how you can help continue the ground work needed to make a difference in reaching marginalized communities:
- Volunteer when you can
- Commit to volunteering 1x a week at the food bank
- Commit to volunteering 2x per week at the food bank
- Commit to volunteering 1x per week as a food packer or delivery driver
- Commit to volunteering 2x per week as a food packer or delivery driver
- Donate non-perishable food items
- Donate funds to continue support grocery services and our teams on the front line
If you are interested in volunteering for SEAMAAC, contact email@example.com with your contact information and availability.